DIRECTOR OF FUNDRAISING – REMOTE, PART TIME
Fundraising rock stars wanted! Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to make a difference? We need someone to help raise money for our documentary on the first U.S. amputee skier. This is small team and a chance to be part of an amazing story that will inspire others. www.freshtracksfilm.com
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Generate revenue through peer-to-peer fundraising, sponsorships, individual and corporate donations.
- Recruit and collaborate with community volunteers.
- Ensure seamless organization, management and execution of event logistics and production.
- Serve as the local primary contact and fundraising coach to answer queries / requests from event constituents.
- Managing the grant application process and ensuring that reporting is tracked and meets donors’ expectations.
- Developing relationships with major donors, identifying new potential major donors and nurturing relationships.
- Recruiting and managing volunteers for a fundraising project.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Communication skills: writing dynamic funding proposals and inspiring people to commit to the cause in question.
- Interpersonal skills: you will be constantly interacting with people, persuading them of the value of your organization.
- Research skills and attention to detail: sourcing information and statistics, researching trends, assessing costs.
- Creativity: idea generation is important as charities try to ‘piggy back’ on what the public has an interest in.
- Resilience and flexibility: fundraising can be a tough job.
- Solid experience raising money for another company or campaign with results to show.
This position will be paid based on a percentage of the money raised. Percentage based on experience.
Email your cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com.